FACTS: GARCIA EXPLORATION 52
Price: From EUR 952,621 Ex VAT
If you are planning to “cast off for real” in a boat capable of traversing all the seas of the world in any weather conditions, feel free to have a closer look at this boat and the other sister models from Allures or Garcia! Both shipyards are part of the same group, and share the same philosophy — to provide their clients with the safest and most thought-through yachts on the market for blue water cruising, that can subsequently serve as a home for longer periods as well. For reference, founder of the ARC, Jimmy Cornell, transited the North West Passage in 2016 with his purpose-built Garcia 45 Explorer.
Year: 2023/ 2024
Hull material: Aluminium
Length O.A.: 16.65 m
Beam: 4.80 m
Draft, centerboard down: 2.90 m
Draft, centerboard up: 1.27 m
Displacement: 19,500 kg
Sail area: 120.5 m²
Engine: Volvo Penta D3-110, diesel
Engine power: 110 hp
Diesel tank: 1,200 l
Water tank: 880 l
Holding tank: 140 l
Showers: 2 + swim platform h/c
Garcia Exploration 52
The Garcia Exploration 52 is designed for short handed sailing, and is constructed with an aluminium lifting centerboard. The boat offers the highest level of safety, protection and comfort and makes the most remote and tricky crossings seem easy.
The saloon has panoramic views to the outside, immersing you with the surrounding elements both during sailing and at anchor. The comfort provided by the interior steering position during watchkeeping is second to none.
The layout is organised into three large cabins, including an owner's cabin with an en-suite private bathroom. Headroom was an important design factor, which is why the Exploration 52 has a 2 metre/6,5ft headroom throughout the whole boat. A fourth cabin is located under the saloon, either for use as a skippers cabin or a technical/laundry room.
The Standard version includes:
• Integral aluminium centreboard
• Deck saloon with 270° visibility and internal steering position
• Watch position / pilothouse in the front of the cockpit with forward view
• Watertight companionway door
• Watertight forward aluminium bulkhead
• Watertight aft aluminium bulkhead with watertight hatches to access the stern compartments from the aft cabins
• All through-hull fittings made of welded aluminium, with all valves positioned above waterline
• Double glazed saloon windows of which one opens above the galley, one window in the workshop, and one in the aft bathroom – coachroof extends beyond the windows and acts as a sun-awning
• Thermal and acoustic insulation above waterline using automotive-grade polyethylene foam panels
• Insulated floor using thick foamcore
• Chain locker centrally positioned at the foot of the mast, and electric windlass located in locker below deck just forward of the mast
• Centrally located large capacity tanks – water and fuel tanks can be ballasted port/starboard
• Centrally located service battery set
• Generous storage space available throughout the boat
• Forefoot chainplate for towing and ice breaking
• Integrated aft arch for electronics, wind generator, solar panels and mounting of davits
• Twin aluminium rudder configuration to ensure optimal control in heavy seas, with protective skeg and sacrificial end-fitting
• Large aft platform with easy access to/from the water
• Liferaft stowage in locker accessed from aft platform
• All essential lines controlled from the cockpit
For a complete inventory, click here (opens in a new tab).
"The infomation provided is expected to be correct but not guaranteed".
Phone: +46 42-14 40 50